Medicare Part C
Advantage Plans (Part C)
Part C of Medicare, otherwise known as Advantage Plans, replaces original Medicare.
Advantage plans have all the benefits of original Medicare, which includes:
- Part A Hospital, Hospice and Skilled Care
- Part B Medical Services (primary care doctor, specialists, x-rays, outpatient surgery, etc.)
- Most plans include Part D, which is the drug plan
Normally, most Advantage Plans are either an HMO or PPO by design.
HMOs (Health Maintenance Organizations) work well for those seeking the lowest out of pocket copays. It is offered through insurance providers. HMOs may require a referral from your primary doctor to go to a specialist. You must go to in-network doctors to receive care, except in emergencies. More and more providers are not requiring a referral to go to a specialist.
PPOs (Preferred Provider Organizations) plans give you the flexibility to receive medical services in and out of network and you do not have to be referred. Typically, the copays are higher and the benefits are not as rich, but it is a safer plan.
Advantage plans offer benefits beyond original Medicare:
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Fitness memberships
- 24-hour nurse line
- Face Time office visits
- Emergency response systems
- Over the Counter benefits
- Flex Card to help pay for dental, hearing, and vision benefits
- Eyewear: glasses and contacts
- Some plans offer a rebate on your Part B cost
Networks are negotiated between the insurance companies and healthcare providers, so it is important that we confirm that your doctor is a participating provider within a particular network or plan. The same is true for your drug coverage because no two insurance companies pay the same for your medications.
This is why you need the experience of our agency, and our services are absolutely free. By providing us with a list of your doctors and medications, we are able to provide you with the best Medicare coverage and all the benefits you deserve. It’s just that simple!